Looking for a new home for a Fish, and his setup (Somerset, NJ)

GroktheCube

My fiancee and I are going to be moving across the country in the relatively near future, and unfortunately it's impractical for us to move our tank and fish with us.

The fish is a ~7 year old 3-strip Damsel named Morpheus. We originally got him as a ~.25" baby. We had a tank set up with an N. wennerae mantis (named Neo) in it, and on a trip to the LFS to look for frags for the reef, we spotted a tiny 3-stripe Damsel being mercilessly chased around a tank of much larger Blue Devils. I inquired with the LFS about the fish. Apparently, he had jumped in there, and attempts to extract him had been unsuccessful. The owner said if we could catch him, we could have him. We felt bad for the little guy, so we decided to risk giving a tank mate to the mantis, and tried our luck. After about 10 minutes, I managed to catch him, and home to Neo he went. The two got along just fine.

He outlived Neo, and is now pushing 4" long. We really like this dumb belligerent little fish, but it's just not practical for us to haul him cross country with us, so I'm trying my best to find a new home for him. In the interest of 100% honesty, I think putting him with most other fish would be a big risk. He'll even pick fights with his heater sometimes. If you're an experienced hobbyist with a big tank and tough fish and want to try, I'll trust your judgement, but his setup is also available. Also, it should be noted that he liked to rearrange things. He's done quite a bit of digging and excavating in his tank to get the sand positioned to his liking.

I want to preface this by saying that I know this is an extremely low price for the amount of stuff I'm offering. I respectfully ask that you not use this as an opportunity to get a cheap setup. I'm offering this so cheap because I'm trying to find a good home for this fish. I realize there's no way for me to guarantee that someone won't exploit this and just dispose of Morpheus, but I'm asking you to please only contact me if you're legitimately interested in keeping this fish.

He's in a Marineland 40 breeder, with wood stand and canopy. I'll sell you the whole setup along with the contents (some LR, Xenia, a Mushroom, some soft corals/polyps here and there, and a couple hermits) for $150, as long as you're willing to use it to take care of this fish. He's lit by 3 AI-Prime FWs. He has a cheapo HOB filter, and an MP40QW, along with a heater and thermometer. I'll also throw in the salt, scraped, and miscelany under the stand, along with the BRS 75GPD RO/DI and spare DI resin/filter canisters. With the tank as lightly stocked as it is, it's extremely low maintenance and rarely requires WCs. If you'd like to focus more on growing corals with it, obvious maintenance requirements will be obviously be increased.

In the interest of full disclosure, Morpheus has never shown any signs of illness at any point in time, even during periods of high stress like moves, but he has never been quarantined. Since we were 50/50 on whether or not he'd survive life with Neo when we got him, we didn't bother, and since he doesn't have any fishy tankmates, we decided it was never worth the stress of doing any prophylactic treatments for him when things worked out OK.

I'm located in Somerset, NJ, 08873.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Morpheus
Tank and Morpheus
Lights
Morpheus
Stuff

Damn, if we was home id take you up on this in an Instant!

Good luck with him though, it's obvious that you care a lot about the little guy and I hope he goes to a good home.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back