Looking for a RO unit... where to go?

yellowRubi

hey, Iam on th emarket for a RO unit , where would be the best online place to get one? And which should i get ( ho wmany stages) I dont need a lot of water , I would say 75gpd should be fine enough..
Thank You for any help!
Peter :)

does it comes with a auto shut off valve? how much DI refil would be and where it can be done?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12276613#post12276613 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeff
I have a 50 gallon per day RO/DI for sale or trade if you are interested. I upgraded the DI chamber to a refillable cartridge. It probably needs a DI refill by now. Its 3 years old and has a sink hook-up and I'll throw in a handheld TDS meter. I have the box and instructions. $75.00 cash or sps frags.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12276763#post12276763 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drparker
I got mine from these guys. Air, Water & Ice Great customer service and a RC sponsor.

I second this unit. I have one and LOVE it. Very reliable and easy to use. Good instructions as well for those of us who weren't exactly sure how it all worked. :) The handheld TDS meter isn't fancy, but it's handy. I got the RK3 75GPD unit as well.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12276763#post12276763 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drparker
I got mine from these guys. Air, Water & Ice Great customer service and a RC sponsor.

I also got a typhoon too. 5 stage 75gpd. Works great. Had it over 2 years now. I love it.

I have a little 3 stage kent marine in my garage if you want to buy something smaller. Brand new never used.

Re: Looking for a RO unit... where to go?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12276563#post12276563 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by yellowRubi
hey, Iam on th emarket for a RO unit , where would be the best online place to get one? And which should i get ( ho wmany stages) I dont need a lot of water , I would say 75gpd should be fine enough..
Thank You for any help!
Peter :)

How many gallons in your aquarium/sump/refugium total?

Are you on city water?

Are you wanting to also hook it up to a faucet on the kitchen sink for drinking water?

Russ

Re: Re: Looking for a RO unit... where to go?

Re: Re: Looking for a RO unit... where to go?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12280871#post12280871 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BuckeyeFS
How many gallons in your aquarium/sump/refugium total?

Are you on city water?

Are you wanting to also hook it up to a faucet on the kitchen sink for drinking water?

Russ
I would say 90 gal total, iam not on city water, iam on suburbs but most likely the water here is not any better...
i dont want to hook it up to my faucet, i was thinkin about my refrigirator tough...
thx
Peter

Call your local water utility and ask them if they use chlorine, or chloramine as a disinfectant.

With a 90 gal system, a 75 gpd RODI would be a reasonable choice.

Depending upon your refidg, the RODI system may not have enough pressure to run your ice maker.

Russ

I ended up ordering the Typhoon III from air,water& ice , hope to have it here soon:)
Thank You everybody!!!!!!!!!!

Peter

Back