Looking for advice on old tank

aquaman05

My tank crashed several years ago. Power outage,i lost everything. Tank has been sitting,water evaporated completely in display tank, my sump has about 6 inches left. 75 gallon with 20 gallon sump. I'm wanting to get back into things. I was thinking about trying to get this back up and running but wanted to see what everyone else thinks about this tank ? My other option was, i was thinking about getting a nano 32 bio cube. thanks

I would say unless the salt left on the glass from the evaporation etched the glass then the tank should be good to go. Sounds like a good start to me! Sorry for the loss as well. I went through a similar basically total loss a few years back from freshwater flooding and kept my system going but really lost interest. Luckily things are back in good shape and my daughter has started enjoying the hobby so that helps staying on top of things!

I would say unless the salt left on the glass from the evaporation etched the glass then the tank should be good to go. Sounds like a good start to me! Sorry for the loss as well. I went through a similar basically total loss a few years back from freshwater flooding and kept my system going but really lost interest. Luckily things are back in good shape and my daughter has started enjoying the hobby so that helps staying on top of things!

Thanks for your reply! I'm going to take all the rock and stuff out and clean it. Make sure all the pumps are still working. I know my apex won't power up, I believe I have a bad eb8 ? Bad time of the year though to do anything outside because of the cold..

Yeah, I think if you just start taking it apart and cleaning everything, you'll get inspired to get back into it. If not, you've got everything cleaned up and ready to sell.

Back