Looking for Base Rock

PhilF

Does anyone know where I can order some good base rock?

HI Rocks is gone, and Reefer Rocks is currently(maybe indefinitely) closed.

Thanks,
Phil

Awesome live base rock can be purchased from floridaliverock.com

Call Dale ... his number is posted on the home page. Great service, great price.

I just ordered some dry base rocks from elitereef.com.

I have not received them yet but they look good in the pictures and the shipping charge was not that bad. I ordered about 90 lbs.

Hope to get them soon and I will post pictures.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8144228#post8144228 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ambaratur
I just ordered some dry base rocks from elitereef.com.

I have not received them yet but they look good in the pictures and the shipping charge was not that bad. I ordered about 90 lbs.

Hope to get them soon and I will post pictures.

Have you recieved your order from elitereef.com yet. I was thinking of getting some dry rock for my new tank as well.

I just placed an order with Elitereef last week... and then had to cancel it.

Elitereef had caribsea drop ship the items and could not get them to ship. I had to have my money refunded and then I just bought the ugly tufa base rock from my LFS.

The fellow at Elitereef was nice but I am the one who had to keep checking on my order to find out what was up - they did not proactively contact me.

I was also charged up front for the full ammount even though the items never shipped.

Hello Phil, If interested, I have some nice pieces of Tufa available. I purchased a ton of stuff from this guy out in NJ, and it's way more than I need. I'm not running any kind of business just a hobbist, just trying to recover some of the money that I put out to purchase the guys stuff. I can some picture if interested, and then we can discuss pricing. The most expensive part of the deal will most likely be the shipping. Have a nice night. Mike

I'd suggest www.marcorocks.com

I just received 50 lbs of dry fiji, very light and porous:
50lbsMarcoRocks-vi.jpg

Marcorocks is from near me, and has been providing rock for reefers in MA for about 2 years.

The stuff above is pretty typical for him. Hes got honestly the best dry rock I have ever seen.

Unfortunately he charges more per pound of dry rock than LiveAquaria charges for their premium live Fiji rock.

Honestly, his stuff if much nicer than the premium fiji at LA, which isnt very nice. Its very boulderish from what I've seen. His is VERY porous.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8198536#post8198536 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RichConley
Honestly, his stuff if much nicer than the premium fiji at LA, which isnt very nice. Its very boulderish from what I've seen. His is VERY porous.

Well I just received 90 lbs from LA just yesterday as a matter of fact and it is not boulderish at all. Maybe I was just lucky but the rock has all shapes and can build ledges etc. I was very satisfied with it. The density was not too high and I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

(Not intending to sidetrack the discussion here - but I had a very fresh customer experience there and thought I should let you know. I will be posting pictures of it in my tank build thread soon.)

Back