Looking for Cerith Snails, any1 know a store that has them?

KromiX

V.I.P
Looking for some cerith snails down here in South Florida....

I went to Exotic Aquariums, Reef Aquariums, Strictly Fish, aquarium concepts, even Petco in International Mall :p lol no1 carries them, any stores around here have em? don't wanna get them online n pay shipping ;P

Plenty of ceriths down here in the Keys and it is okay to gather them for personal use. I have them in my 90 gal FOWLR along with the blue leg hermits I get by my house in the tidepools of the Keys.
By the way, you can also get a million small shells for them to grow into from some of the shell stores down here for only $4.99 a bag. More than you'll ever need.
Take a day trip and I'll lead you to them.

You paid shipping driving around looking for them at all those stores and not finding them :p

There are plenty of sellers on ebay who are here in florida who sell them and the shipping costs are very slim, anywhere from 8-20$...

KeysGeezer ,

Do you ever go hunting for them? perhaps you can pick up some for me and ill pay for shipping + some money for your time?

Only asking if your going for yourself too, not just for me....

P.S the reason I'm looking for them is to clean the sand surface, do they do so?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15031458#post15031458 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by got2envy
The Barrier Reef in Boca usually has a bunch, give them a call

ouch such a far drive for like 10 cerith snails :p was hoping for something closer in the miami area.. but thanks!

Yea, still kinda far for a handful of em, I just find them so weird not a single store I went to carries them, some don't even know what it is ;\ :rolleyes:

You can get them yourself for free. Search the jetties on any of the inlets. I just got a few this weekend, tons of nerites and some blue legs. Took me about 5 minutes.

Yes, 20 per person per day. Get a saltwater fishing liscense if you don't already have one, this also entitles you to collect other species of marine life. Check the fwc site for all the regs

Back