Looking for DIY plans for 6' long stand

stgla

Premium Member
Hi,
Is there a trustworthy place to find plans for building a tank stand?

I want something that is functional, strong, and ugly, since it's for an in-wall tank.

Dimensions of stand: 72" long x 30" front to back, about 36" high. I want good access to the sump and ability to accommodate all the usual stuff (sump lights, controllers, skimmer, electrical, plumbing). The stand will sit in a basement (tile on slab).

I'm hiring a guy to build it, but he's not an aquarium guy so I'd like to use plans from someone who understands reefers' needs.

Thanks

A plywood box is more than sufficient

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I can't just tell my guy, "build a plywood box, it has to hold 2000 pounds" I'd rather find some plans and have someone who understands physics better than I do review those plans so I don't have my expensive dream shatter in the middle of the night. If you know somewhere that I can find plans, then I would be very grateful for the advice. If not, that's ok too.

Skimming back to front I came across these:
Post 4606 for a clear diagram
Post 4622 would be close to what you want to do

I have a 4'x4' ~230G tank supported by a 3/4" birch plywood box. For grins, I added 2 3/4"x4" crossmembers to keep it from bowing.
I can't just tell my guy, "build a plywood box, it has to hold 2000 pounds" I'd rather find some plans and have someone who understands physics better than I do review those plans so I don't have my expensive dream shatter in the middle of the night. If you know somewhere that I can find plans, then I would be very grateful for the advice. If not, that's ok too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back