Looking for input on an AIO overflow design!

xxoczukxx

This is for a 15g frag tank i am planning out.

YbfHidT.png

is what i have planned. i plan to have 4 inches of space in between this panel and the back of the tank so there is plenty of room.

The total height of the panel should be about 12" and the height of each baffle will be 11", giving a 1 inch gap. The baffles will be spaced either 1 inch or 1/2 inch apart (not too sure on how much spacing between is important, if anyone can answer this for me!)

I plan to simply have a large overhang for an overflow (i may add some egg crate or something in later to prevent a lot from getting over it) and the overflow will be 1/2 - 5/8 of an inch. i put an inch in the diagram but after reading through flow calcs, closer to 0.5 inches is more of what im looking for.

The hole on the left side will be connected to a hydor pico 800 pump and the hole on the right to a maxijet 600 or 900.
I left the return compartments big and the baffles high so i could toss in a skimmer and heater in there.

The large empty compartment is to be used as a refugium, where i can place chaeto or anything else i need.

I am going to design/make a removeable media rack for the compartment right under the overflow where i can put any carbon, GFO, anything i need really.

Ive read through a few DIY AIO tank posts on other forums and this is what I came up with for myself.

If anyone has any input or experience on this, id love to hear it!

Back