Looking for Macro Algae for a Tang & Refugium

• Thread starter Deleted member 7065
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7065

I just set up a refugium. I have plenty of live sand. I have some cheto. (sp) I am looking to also grow some other marcro algaes to benefit the tank and also feed my tangs.

Anyone have some. I am willing to trade frags.

Thanks

Paul

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9866001#post9866001 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Douglas LEHMAN
Hello
We want pic's!!!

I will get some pics up soon. It rocks compared to the CPR models because it sits above the tank so you can see all the action going on and the light at night does not totally light the tank like a hang on model would. The founder and president of LSD Aquatics in Des Plaines made it himself. He is a little wacky but come up with some great stuff. ;-)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9866001#post9866001 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Douglas LEHMAN
Hello
We want pic's!!!

And here they are - - my tank

A few acros and fish.
7065Mamanucas_-_Arties_Reef_10.jpg

A couple domino damsels hanging in an anemone with a clown. Someone once told me that clowns won't share their anemone. Proof wrong - one big happy family.
7065Taveuni_-_Matei_Rock_Reef_07.jpg

I have two schools of anthias.
7065Taveuni_-_Three_Bommies_Reef_03.jpg

I really get wet when I work on my tank.
7065Taveuni_-_Three_Bommies_Reef_00.jpg

Ok Ok I confess - this is from a dive trip to Fiji.

My real tank.

LSD Aquatics Refugium sitting above and behind the tank - - between the lights
7065Refugium_000.JPG

The return section of the refugium - it even has a gurgle buster overflow.
7065Refugium_001.JPG

Side view of the tank and ref. You can see how it sits on the tank and hangs off the back.
7065Refugium_004.JPG

LSD Aquatics sump and calcium reactor. This is one of the famous calc reactors made a couple of years ago during the CMAS Reactor Mania Day.
7065Sump_and_Calc_02-med.JPG

quote:Originally posted by Douglas LEHMAN
Hello
We want pic's!!!

More pics you say? Always glad to show off

This in-tank frag rack. It original hung off the side - I add a magnet so I could put it anywhere and hang it lower.
7065DIY_Frag_Rack_00.JPG

A nice little DIY feeding clip on a magnet. I can move it around and not get wet. The Tangs like it. The Koi Wrasse will eat a little nori also.
7065DIY_Feeding_Clip_03.JPG

A couple of DIY maxi jet and maxi mod holders. I can't believe how strong the magnets are.
7065DIY_Maxi_Mod_Holder.JPG

This was taken in early 2006. Everything is bigger. You can't help but grow lots of rocks with a calcium reactor. ;-) The pagota in the corner grew to over 12 inches in diameter. It out grew my tank and was fragged into many pieces. Several will be available at the next CMAS swap meet. This is your warning - it will get big.
7065Tank_2006_003.jpg

This fungia colony is amazing. It has spawned off 4 heads in the last 2 week. There are nearly 30 seperate heads on this one plate.
7065Fungia_Colony_001.JPG

Just a couple of wrasses. The Koi Wrasse has started to eat from my hand. He saw the big tang do it and had to copy.
7065Radient_and_Koi_Wrasse_000.JPG

Back