looking for new fish or coral

malnurs

I am looking to add new coral or fish. i am working on getting my wife to let me come to the frag swap so if so it will be coral that will be mu purchase. but i am looking for some orange, purple, blue, and yellows. i have all softies with 1 lps, 2 gorgonians, no sps (too scared) since i still feel so new to reefing haha.

are there any suggestions yall can give me so I can know what i can look for at the swap. or at the store if i can't go :( lol.

also i have 4 fals percs. clown goby, royal gramma, 3 green chromis, pajama cardinal, 4 stars, and a pencil urchin.

i have perfect water parems minus my mag which is about 800. skimmer, chaeto, and 7 mangroves with great root growth.

any other fish that would go well with those? i really just want small, happy, and colorful. lol

thanks for any help/advice you can give.
Thank you so much,
Chris

brandon2432

zoas are what you need in a softie tank they come in all colors. If you go to the frag swap everyone will have plenty there.

malnurs

kk thanks. i'd like some more leathers? i have a toadstool. and what was supposed to be a yellow leather that ended up just cream haha. any other leathers too? really want a elegans toadstool leather. bright yellow. anything other colorful leathers? i dont think there are any except for the yellow cream and green

BLEEDSALT

I agree with Brandon, Zoas and Paly's are pretty forgiving and come in different colors, I have about 40 Paly's that I lucked up on and got at a LFS going out of business, I got about 50 or so different Paly's for about 20 bucks, also some people don't like them, but i think kenya tree's are nice. Like I told Harry yesterday, I like things that are hardy and cheap, I have had tears brought to my eyes flushing some fish before. It doesn't bother the pocket when flushing a damsel, I hate to see any live stock go down anyway. But losing something nice stinks.
Chris

mltmtascp

What kind of lighting do you have?
My coral preference is also zoas and palys. I like them because they grow fairly quickly and are colorful. A nice orange is AOG's. I brough two of them from a club member and now have a whole colony. Frog spawn and Hammers are fairly easy and add color and interest to any tank.
Here is a pic of my frog spawn and Amor of Gods palys

009.jpg

mltmtascp

If your wife like to Antique shop there is a lot of places to shop in Murfreesboro.
Maybe this will help! The frag swaps are awesome.

Monica