Looking to donate 425xl to school

tmantaylor18

I donated some stuff to a guy that works at a school in Santa Teresa area but don’t have his information anymore. Anyone know of any schools that might like a tank? Would love to help get a younger generation into the hobby. Please don’t message me asking for the tank. Thanks everyone

Hello! I was referred to this post from the Bay Area Reefer community, I am a teacher at Lost Altos High School just north of San Jose, and am interested if this is still available? Thanks so much, let me know at your convenience!

I believe you are talking about me, yes, the school tank was set up for 4 years. Barely living through a power outage over thanksgiving break years ago before finally crashing massively during covid when I could not get into the school for months on end. It was taken down for good in early 2021. It was a lot of work but the children really enjoyed it.

I believe you are talking about me, yes, the school tank was set up for 4 years. Barely living through a power outage over thanksgiving break years ago before finally crashing massively during covid when I could not get into the school for months on end. It was taken down for good in early 2021. It was a lot of work but the children really enjoyed it.
It’s crazy how I’ve heard that same story a whole bunch from other teachers I know in the area. Are you looking to donate it to another school? I have some very excited students starting up a marine conservation club and would love to bring a decent tank into the mix.

I wish I was, but I moved out of the area in March of 2021. It was a blast while it lasted, I had donations from so many members on here. I even had quality marine give a donation after the power outage during thanksgiving. It was so much fun to see all the excitement from the children when they visited the library.
Perhaps sometime in the future I will be able to do that again.

Back