Looks like somebody else has a Kalk connection

So I can just buy that ms.wages picklime lime stuff, throw it in a jar slap on a super 818 kalkwasser sticker on it, and say you will get awesome pink and purple coraline, tube worms, and it will raise your Ca. Marketing gimmick?!

golfish

Team RC
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9243049#post9243049 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by My F1sh R D34D!
So I can just buy that ms.wages picklime lime stuff, throw it in a jar slap on a super 818 kalkwasser sticker on it, and say you will get awesome pink and purple coraline, tube worms, and it will raise your Ca. Marketing gimmick?!

I still kick myself for not doing that years ago. I've been using Mississippi lime for 7+ years. I'd be rich right now selling 1 gal jars of Ms Golfish's Kalk plus @t 10.00 a jar.

I've always said there we're no standards on the kalk sold at your LFS.

Even worse I can't charge 100.00 for a 50 pound bag like I planned..:lol: I have a feeling nobody in So Cal is going to need Kalk for a while after last years 2000 pound flood.

rscott76

yeah i got the leftovers on that order and i still have enough to make a few bodies disappear (the wire, HBO, Season 4)

twopart does look like a decently priced source for the non-socal community though who dont want to have a big sack of a not-so-kid-safe-looks-like-powdered-sugar-so-it-MUST-taste-good powder sitting around.

glaudds

I just bought some magflake and dowflake from them...much easier than trying to track them down in our area.

As far as kalk, the bag I got from the group buy should last me to about the year 2020!

GTR

I bought a 50# bag of CaCl2 about two years ago and I'm fearfully running low. Only have maybe 5# remaining.

I think I paid $40.00 door to door for Dow Flake and that's my plan for next time around.

SteveU

golfish

Team RC
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9245274#post9245274 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by glaudds

As far as kalk, the bag I got from the group buy should last me to about the year 2020!

ya see, what the hec was I thinking...the money is in 1 gal jars;)

glaudds

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9251919#post9251919 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by golfish
ya see, what the hec was I thinking...the money is in 1 gal jars;)

lol...what is it they say about hindsight? Most people don't need or have a place to store 50 lbs of kalk.....but those 1 gallon jars would be juuuuust right!:D

golfish

Team RC
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9252092#post9252092 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by glaudds
lol...what is it they say about hindsight? Most people don't need or have a place to store 50 lbs of kalk.....but those 1 gallon jars would be juuuuust right!:D

:lol: I guess that's what I get for being too nice...I remember the first time I brought a bag home. I took it over to Larry's frag swap. ( I'm thinking it was in 2001)...I put the bag out in the street in a trash can with a cup and a box of zip lock baggies so people could help themselfs...Nobody wanted to deal with it cause its so messy.

glaudds

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9261075#post9261075 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by golfish
:lol:
..Nobody wanted to deal with it cause its so messy.

Hmmm...dealing white powder in zip lock bags in the street. Sounds fishy to me!:D

GTR

I'll show my appreciation and have another Coke®.

;)

Really, thanks. It's saved me a lot.

SteveU