Loss of fish at Opry Mills Aquarium Restaurant

tkimmons85

I didnt even think about till they just mentioned it on the news. They said all the fish at the Aquarium restaurant have died. What a bummer and major loss of beautiful fish. I wish I could have rescued an achilles tang or two. Oh well we have more important things to worry about with helping our nieghbors right now.

I was just coming in here to ask if anyone else had heard this, it was apparently on Channel 2 early this morning according to a coworker. HORRIBLE. They said that a bunch of the tanks failed, and apparently the piranha tank in the sting ray exhibit broke and the fish are believed to be swimming around in the mall.

The sting rays tank are ok. Was there this morning to see if chad needs help. The big tank crashed do to no power for day. the small one up front didn't look good. But some tangs and the 2 big anlgefish. Was swimming around stress out.

Most of the fish at The Nashville Aquarium Restaurant, Stingray Reef and the Rainforest Cafe, at Opry Mills survived the flooding in Nashville and have been contained.

Chad the aquarium biologists have been onsite since Monday caring for the fish that survived.they maybe looking for homes.

Last edited:
Good to know, Zef... thanks for clearing that up... it was starting to sound like lionfish in the Atlantic all over again. :-/

Brandon

Hate to hear this. I had a great time when we toured the restaurant. This easily was the best FO setup in Nashville. Zef do they need any help?

wow... that's crazy. The facebook page for the restaurant has some comments about posts being deleted due to crazy speculation, rumors of charges filed, media falsely reporting "escaped animals" etc. It's all nuts!

I really hate to hear this. I thought about those fish yesterday and pretty much thought they would have some sort of backup in case of something like this. Guess not. I can honestly see this place not reopening.

The sting rays tank are ok. Was there this morning to see if chad needs help. The big tank crashed do to no power for day. the small one up front didn't look good. But some tangs and the 2 big anlgefish. Was swimming around stress out.

Most of the fish at The Nashville Aquarium Restaurant, Stingray Reef and the Rainforest Cafe, at Opry Mills survived the flooding in Nashville and have been contained.

Chad the aquarium biologists have been onsite since Monday caring for the fish that survived.they maybe looking for homes.

Any new info Zef. I heard a different, not so pleasant report today, but not positive of the original source...but the person I heard it from was onsite there today...

I also heard about the Bass Pro shop tank, any word on it...they had some record sized fish in there...

Sorry for the massive bump but I hope these guys got a generator. But in case you guys didn't and are reading this now, please get one and only hook up essentials to it.

Cheers.

#facepalm

And what generators do they make that run under water?

Why would you resurrect a 4.5 year old thread just to say this?

Brandon

The generator doesn't need to be underwater does it? I thought it just sits outside and you plug your appliances into it.

Sorry for the massive bump but it kind of saddened me reading this story even if it is 4 years old.

Back