Loss of fish at Opry Mills Aquarium Restaurant

I don't think you are understanding the situation. This "aquarium" was a restaurant with tanks that rival public aquariums in size. The mall it was in was flooded and basically had to be rebuilt over a course of several months.

There is no generator in existence that could have handled this task.

The generator doesn't need to be underwater does it? I thought it just sits outside and you plug your appliances into it.

Sorry for the massive bump but it kind of saddened me reading this story even if it is 4 years old.

I think there was a flood, the generator would have been under water and useless....

Please do at least a little research before criticizing something that occurred 4.5 years ago. The entire mall (and a lot of other places) flooded and took over two years to rebuild. There is nothing that could have been done as the water fell over a course of just a couple off days and wasn't forecasted to be a flood. It set new 1000 year flood marks. No one knew it was coming.

Brandon

Please do at least a little research before criticizing something that occurred 4.5 years ago. The entire mall (and a lot of other places) flooded and took over two years to rebuild. There is nothing that could have been done as the water fell over a course of just a couple off days and wasn't forecasted to be a flood. It set new 1000 year flood marks. No one knew it was coming.

Brandon

That makes more sense. Wow that's crazy. Thanks for taking the time to clarify though, appreciate it. Anyways just a friendly reefer saying hello from DC. Hope you guys are doing well. MACNA is coming here next year, if you guys have never been around here now would be a great time to check it out.

Hey everyone- I am a student from Nashville trying to do a research project on the flood, I wanted to include this myth about the loose piranhas in the mall. Not sure if any of yall still use this forum since the post is so old (sorry for reopening the thread) but if you do, and were involved in going back into Opry Mills to rescue fish from the Aquarium Restaurant etc, or know anyone who was and wouldn't mind talking to me, send me a message.

thanks!

Back