Low PH

mameroo2000

My reef tank PH is between 7.5 ~7.7 I try to us buffer ph but it good for 2 to 3 hr thin back to same level
I do have calcium reactor, I'm thinking of dosing kalkwasser one drop par second .
I'm not sure this will work without any problem
Or if you have a good way please feel free to help me

pH buffers really are not the best option for maintaing a stabel pH. A buffer will adjust the pH to the specified level. As the buffer weakens, the pH will return to the orginal level. What is your alkalinity?

pH in saltwater is driven by two things, alkalinity and CO2. If the alkalinity is right and the pH is low then the problem is too much dissolved CO2. This can be from being in a closed up house. Get fresh air to the tank to help blow off the CO2 and the pH will rise.

pH buffers are really just high pH alkalinity supplements. Despite many claims to the contrary, they ALL raise alkalinity. It is a chemical impossibility to add anything that will raise pH without raising alkalinity. As soon as you add them, CO2 seeks to re-establish equilibrium between the air and the water and the pH goes right back down. Only now the alkalinity is higher so it takes more and more buffer each time to get the same pH boost. It isn't good for your tank.

Fresh air, that's the answer.

My alkalinity 12 based on my test kit
Ill get my co2 test kit on the weeken and check it .
I do have calcium reactor running on my tank maybe that what lower my ph
I do have another old calcium reactor ill use it as second Chamber & add air stone in my overflow.
i hop this will solve my problem
Thanks for all

My alkalinity 12 based on my test kit
Ill get my co2 test kit on the weeken and check it .
I do have calcium reactor running on my tank maybe that what lower my ph
I do have another old calcium reactor ill use it as second Chamber & add air stone in my overflow.
i hop this will solve my problem
Thanks for all

You don't need a CO2 kit. If you know alkalinity and pH you can calculate CO2 from that.

Back