LR Acid bath

golfish

Team RC
Hey guys!! Happy Holidays to you all.
I'm going to do an Acid bath on some LR. I've seen baking soda used to neutralize the acid when time is up (I'll test a few pieces) so my question is, how much baking soda is used per gal of Muriatic acid to neutralize the bath?

If I remember when I last did a LR dip I used about a gallon and a half of acid. I bought 10 boxes of baking soda from the dollar store and used 6 boxes to neutralize the bath then I drained the barrel and added fresh water and added the last 4 boxes and let the rock sit in the baking soda from a few hours. I did add an old power head to help mix up the baking soda when I had the rock soaking in the clean water. When after the rock soaked I rinsed the baking soda off in a ro/di bath.

I just tipped the container to drain and hosed it down from far away. let it completely dry for a day.

When I did it, about 200 pounds, just dipped in kalkwasser

remember, that acid becomes less and less effective as you go, so you may need to add more

Calculating how much baking soda to add is difficult. Just add baking soda until pH is near 7-7.5 , monitor the pH using a pH meter or strips as you add it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your suggestions.....
Let's hope that the 3rd time is the charm and I can rid myself of the TOTM curse. I might have to bring in a priest if this doesn't work.

Back