lr may be some what dead

dermer

should the bottom of my lr look dead the upper side looks really good and the bottom is an off white

good or bad

boxfishpooalot

No life underneath it? That means a lot of different things. Most things do not grow where there is no light. So its in between good and bad.
Got a pic?

navajo

Premium Member
Re: lr may be some what dead

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8112838#post8112838 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dermer
should the bottom of my lr look dead the upper side looks really good and the bottom is an off white

good or bad

It's pretty normal. The corraline will only grow where there is light. So what you're seeing on the bottom is just the calcified rock most likely. Nothing to worry about, just no light for the corraline etc to grow down there.

dermer

ill try to get one tomarrow it dont look horrible and have never had any probs was really just wondering if it should be green or anything like that

ERICinFL

Rejisturd Mimbur
There will still be bacteria living on the underside of the rock. I just moved some of my LR around and it looks bare where other rock was on top of it. In a month or so, it'll be covered with coraline.