LR taking 9 days to ship...

ir0n_ma1den

So,

my order of LR was shipped out on the 23rd and was suppose to arrive the 27th. That then got delayed to being delivered on Dec 1. That would make it 9 days without water or heat.

I hate Fedex.

What condition should I expect my LR to be in? and will it be useable?

This is in a new tank by the way.

It will be useable. There will be considerable die off so you may want to consider taking a brush and some old tank water to it. Is this for a new tank? If not, then expect to cure it before adding to an established system.

yea it's a new tank. I was hoping for cool little crabs, macros, and other life, but it will still cycle my tank right?

The same thing happened to me. I ordered my "Premium" live rock from petsolutions to time it right so it would arrive on a Friday. It missed the plane from LAX, so I got it on Monday afternoon.

There was a lot more die off and took longer to cycle, but it was alright. Just make sure you get off as much dead stuff as you can. Grab yourself some tweezers and an old tooth brush. I has some big old colt coral smashed dead against the rock.

I agree with the others, the rock will just take longer to cure and most of the life will be lost, but will still work as your biological filter once cured.

John from yourreef.com just emailed me back.

I thought the rock wasn't cured, so I'd have a lot of death on my hands, but the rock is actually cured and prescrubbed so it should be fine according to him.

He says the most places that sell fuji rock have it already boxed for up to 4 weeks in advance of shipping.

So i shouldn't be worried then.

I'm still anxious as hell to get it.

I know how you feel. I took a personal day for the day the rock was supposed to arrive so I had all day to work on it. PSHH!!

Don't worry about not having any hitchhikers, I'm sure after a few months of curing you'll see some.

Yea, it sucks when you stay in ALL DAY waiting for a 10lb box of phantom rocks. And then you do it again TWICE, 2 days later...

john at your reef is awesome. listen to what he has to say. he has never steered me wrong in the three years ive been going to his shop. the rock will be ok just take a little extra curing time.

Back