LTA injured its self, now what?

Jay76

I've had my LTA for about 3 months. It's been in the same spot since day one. It decided to move and ripped is foot in the process. It looks like it's insides are coming out. Is it going to die? I can't get a decent pic with my phone. What should I do now?

Damaged foot is not good for lta's. Most ime don't recover from it and perish, just keep an eye and hopefully it recovers.

My experience with this, though mine was a minor tear is that it healed on its own. I guess determining your tanks parameters/maturity it could heal on its own. But just be ready to treat upon first signs of trouble.

edit: I'd also question your parameters if it moved after 3 months, moving LTAs is usually a sign of distress or very high flow or high linear flow (I know personally they can cope with high non linear flow once settled). I would look into what the cause of the movement was.

Last edited:
Thank you for the help. Unfortunately it was worse than I thought. I came home from work and its insides were pushed out its side. I had to flush it. It was dead.

Back