Lunar Lighting Recco Needed

capspath83

Hi all,

I just finished converting my tank lights from 716w MH & T5 combo to LEDs. They look awesome and my corals are all happy. However, they do not have lunar lights like my MH combo had. I am looking for recommendations on the best lunar lights I can add to my canopy. I do not have an Apex system, so I am looking for strips or single lights I can plug straight into a timer.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question is, why do you want lunar lights? If it is for your own personal enjoyment, cool, but they dont do anything for corals. If anything they keep corals and fish awake as there is always some light coming into the tank.

Also, no need to post same question in 2 different locations 2 days in a row :rollface:

Last edited:
Question is, why do you want lunar lights? If it is for your own personal enjoyment, cool, but they dont do anything for corals. If anything they keep corals and fish awake as there is always some light coming into the tank.

Also, no need to post same question in 2 different locations 2 days in a row :rollface:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is partly for my enjoyment as I work late most nights. I have also read that it helps spawning of corals.

In regard to posting, I just wants to be sure I was reaching the masses. what else am I going to do under quarantine. [emoji2369][emoji2957][emoji40]

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is partly for my enjoyment as I work late most nights. I have also read that it helps spawning of corals.

In regard to posting, I just wants to be sure I was reaching the masses. what else am I going to do under quarantine. [emoji2369][emoji2957][emoji40]

hahah thats fair enough (re: quarantine) When it comes to coral spawning, from what i could find it was never conclusive one way or the other. Some say it does help, other say it doesnt, some say it is bad for fish and corals, as they need total darkness for at least some time throughout the night, so it comes down to what you want to believe.

Back