Lymphocystis on small goby in QT

tc2007

New day new disease :bounce3:

The small (tiny) goby in my QT has lumps all over. It does move around so I don't think it is dying or anything yet. I only have 1 QT. I did a 50% water change and keeping the salinity to 1.020. I also stopped the powerhead and just keeping the HOB with carbon and an large airstone in there. The water temp is 75ish. No ammonia etc. There are 3 other friendly tank mates. None of the fish have ich. Couple of them have white poo so internal parasites, and I just put some PP before the water change.

Since I only have 1 QT, I was wondering if I should keep the goby in there OR move it to my display. I have read mixed reports about Lympho being contagious etc.

How fast did this develop?
Did you treat the fish with copper?
Any pictures?

Lymphocystis usually starts on the edge of the fins, mouth, operculum (gill cover) or little wounds and spreads from there, mostly rather slow in the beginning.

i would definitely not put him in your dt if he hasn't gone through proper qt. my kole tang had lympho while in qt. he still had 1 or 2 spots when ttm/qt was done so i went ahead and put him in my dt. the lympho cleared up and no other fish ever came down with it.

the only real treatment for lympho is pristine water and vitamin-soaked foods. use selcon or vita-chem.

This showed up either in 1 or 2 days max. I know when I got the fish in QT, it was nice and clean. I did put PP to treat other fish, that may have stressed out the goby. Then yesterday I saw it heavily covered in lumps all over. It's definitely not ich. The fish is so small that I am not sure what type of food to soak in selcon. I think it only eats cyclop-eeze or tiny fragments of the pellets etc. Don't think those tiny pieces will soak enough selcon. But I will try soaking the cyclop-eeze.

How fast did this develop?
Did you treat the fish with copper?
Any pictures?

Lymphocystis usually starts on the edge of the fins, mouth, operculum (gill cover) or little wounds and spreads from there, mostly rather slow in the beginning.

I did not treat with Copper but PP + CP. Which is now 50% dose with a water change. I don't think the medication is necessary for other fishes as they don't show any signs of ich or velvet.

fyi, you can soak pellets in selcon. i do it all the time, just 2 or 3 drops.

Back