MACNA What did you buy?

Lacy

Ex FMAS bod member
Premium Member
I bought a strawberry shortcake and a purple acro from Richard aka Cornbred. I forgot the name of the purple so I will have to ask him tomorrow.
Chalice
500 dollar efflo
Deep water acro x 2
Cool looking red and green BTA
Aussie tabling acro
Another purple acro

there was a few vendors selling them, various types. i wish i had $400 to drop on a bubletip lol

Got a nice clam from the folks at Rare Reef, few zoas from Marine Net, some nice frag shelves from Alternative Reef...

yes, rare reefs had a great deal on clams. Buy a clam for $50 and get a free frag. I got me a little frag of candy cane i think its called. Also got a plate coral from them. Then across from the marine net booth was kickass corals, and they had the best corals IMO and verry negotiable on prices. got from them some zoas and mushroom things. then a nice blueberry gargonia.

Sadly i have to many corals now. need to get rid of some sps frags i have lol.

Bought some zoas that when I came home I realized I already had. :facepalm:

Lots of good deals if you look around. Saw some $1000 corals here and there. Got a bunch of free tshirts and food samples. LED's everywhere. Some nice base rock for $2/lb (forgot the name of the place). Lots of locals with super nice stuff that you never see in their stores. :lol: Overall it was nice I had fun.

i still have to say my fav frag vendor was kickass or w/e across from marine net. they had a coral i will probably tomorrow, looks like gold lol

Pics? I'm stuck at work friday, saturday, and sunday so I have to live through you guys. Wish I could have taken off, but they put my schedule out forever ago. :sad1: I'm just hoping marine net doesn't sell the awesome acan I saw there this week and they frag it down this week so i can afford a head.

ill upload as soon as my phone will allow. just took a pic of all my corals :) the zoas havent opened yet but they are nice. Got a nice blue zoa with like 7 heads and a pink one i think. or orange with 2 heads :) the rest you can see in a few.

I agree Kick Azz Corals had the best frags. I bought from them:

Red Dragon
Sunset Milli
Strawberry Shortcake that just bleached out on me...:eek:

Southside Corals always has nice frags. Purchased:

Pink Lemonade
Corn Bread Purple Planet
Bam Bamms

I also Picked up an unknown cool looking People Eater.

Was a lot of fun! Especially volunteering in the morning.

Hopefully they iron out the kinks in the Auction tomorrow.

Pardon the bad pics, cell phone ftw

20130830_223612_zpsa777a0e8.jpg

20130830_224206_zps4286fe4e.jpg

20130830_224127_zps8415adda.jpg

20130830_224100_zps9123009b.jpg

20130830_221421_zps795c4c5f.jpg

the zoas wont open :(

Yeah, i never remember most of the names either. The zoas will open eventually. Probably when your day lights come on. Most of mine close up at night. The coral in the 2nd pic though, mushrooms I think, look like they have some bubble algae on them. If so I would take them out of the tank and try to cut the bubbles off at the base with an exacto knife or other pointy object before it spreads. Once off wash the frag off with some water to make sure the spores are gone. I had a problem with bubble algae in the past and it was a pain once it took hold.

Nice frags though, I especially like the clam.

yeah i didnt notice that till you pointed it out. maybe its just bubbles? didnt see them when i put it in the take

Back