Mag 12 vs Mag 9 Heat?

EasyEd77

Is the amount of heat generated by a Mag 12 pump much more significant than a Mag 9? Any feedback will be helpfull.

Mag9 is 93 watts vs the Mag12's 110, so figure about 17 watts more of heat. If that is alot for your tank would depend on the size and if it already has heat issues.

YEP +1 on the heat...if u have a small tank, the mag pumps will def add a few degrees. I had a mag 12 on a 90 gallon and it was noticeable

I dropped down from a Mag18 to a Mag 9 and I have not noticed much of a difference. However, my tank is in the basement and is not subject to much heat.

Yes I had a 9.5 went to a 12 and the heat is horrible, now i am looking for a mag 9 again. I measured my mag with a kilowatt and its pulling 175 watts not the 110 it is supposed to and this is with it wide open. With everything running through my apex I am using 3.2 amps, if i kill the mag 12 it drops to 1.4. WOW!

Yes I had a 9.5 went to a 12 and the heat is horrible, now i am looking for a mag 9 again. I measured my mag with a kilowatt and its pulling 175 watts not the 110 it is supposed to and this is with it wide open. With everything running through my apex I am using 3.2 amps, if i kill the mag 12 it drops to 1.4. WOW!

You should contact Danner and have them send you a replacement.

Back