Mag/Phos/Calcium

tkdgurl99

anyone use this before?
Brightwell Aquatics Magnesion-P - Dry Magnesium Supplement for Reef Aquaria

Any suggestions on brands etc. There seems to be a wide variety of supplements out there...

No one answers cause they don't want to be challenged on what they use. Look at Bulk Reef Supply for there house brand of BRS. Brightwell or other commercial brand like Kent is OK if you can afford it. Depends on your wallet i guess.

I get mine from BRS as well. I'm sure that brand is perfectly fine, but because there are so many other things to spend your hard earned $$$ on in this hobby, I see no real reason to spend more when you can spend less for what is certainly a very similar product.

I found that supply on Amazon for maybe 12.00.....is that expensive in the relm of other supplements?!? How often are you guys dosing etc-I havent started in on the calcium/phosphorus/mag additive adventures yet (going slow) but starting to read up and figure things out

Personally I have been using liquid magnesium from fluval and it takes a lot of the liquid to raise calcium. Usually a whole bottle in my 75 gallon will raise me from 1200-1280 for instance. I just got some liquid magnesion and will test that out. I have yet to use a dry form. Maybe also check out Randy's methods for both mag and two part

Personally I have been using liquid magnesium from fluval and it takes a lot of the liquid to raise calcium

That's not surprising. But does it boost magnesium? :D

Back