Magnificent Foxface

dfs/la2

.Registered Member
T5nitro,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Magnificent Foxface. According to our Aquacultured Coral & Marine Life Facility, we expect to have these specimens available on our Diver’s Den at the end of the week, and early next week. The ones we currently have in quarantine are 5”-7” in size, and will be priced at $129.99.

Mike S.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

t5Nitro

Thanks! Will one that size be able to be QT'd for about 3 weeks in a 46 gallon bowed tank? 3' long

dfs/la2

.Registered Member
t5Nitro,

You are able to quarantine the Magnificent Foxface in you 46-gallon bow aquarium for a three-week time period with proper filtration. You will also want to test the water parameters daily for the first week of introduction in order to ensure a healthy environment.

Joyce F.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

t5Nitro

Thanks! He arrived and is now in QT. He looks so big for that tank :lol: A 5-6" fish in a 3' tank, I hope he doesn't stress from that. He once in a while comes to the glass front with his nose right on it and be by you, so he is friendly, but some other times he sits in the back or near a rock with his fins flared and just sits there. Is that like a sleeping thing they do for protection at night, or is that stress?

Next to figure out is to get him out of there lol, I think I will try to make a fish trap out of a milk jug.

dfs/la2

.Registered Member
t5Nitro,

Thank you for watching your new arrival so closely. The symptoms you have described sounds like your Foxface is going through the acclimation process after being transported. This could take up to a two week period.

Pat S.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

t5Nitro

Alright, good to know. I just didn't want him in that tank if that's what was causing it, he is big. Do you think this is enough rock for him or should I put some pieces of base rock in there, and how much?

DSC01538.jpg

dfs/la2

.Registered Member
t5Nitro,

Thank you for the lovely picture and your question on adding Live Rock. It is a personal preference as to how much Live Rock you would like to have. However, our general guideline for a reef aquarium is 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 pounds per gallon.

Pat S.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith