maintenance question

shiveley

Just curious, but about how many times a week do you guys have to clean the inside glass of your aquariums?

I clean (with mag-float) something off the glass almost every time I look in the tank. I found if I do that, nothing has a chance to get a hold.

maintenance

maintenance

usually once a day but just the front does anybody clean the sides or do you just let the coraline grow

Every other day or so for me... like Auntbeez says, if you get it clean before it has a chance to take hold it less work in the long run and will not require a razor blade.

Once every day to every-other-day. Any longer and stuff gets crusty and eventually forces the blade.

What's your routine, shiveley?

Oh, and I have noticed better results since switching from mag-floats to a tigershark cleaner.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14149856#post14149856 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kevin95695
Once every day to every-other-day. Any longer and stuff gets crusty and eventually forces the blade.

What's your routine, shiveley?

Mines the same

Oh, and I have noticed better results since switching from mag-floats to a tigershark cleaner.

Hey Jonathan

I have a few patches of film algae form daily. I scrub it with a mag float at least every two days, if not daily.

That keeps the coraline algae off pretty well too. If I let it go longer the coraline algae gets a hold and I have to use a blade.

I'm probably cleaning mine twice a week. I'm using a Piranha Float Magnetic Glass Cleaner by Algae Free (which I absolutely LOVE). I was just curious as to the average time most other people were doing it since I wasn't sure whether or not twice a week was unusual. I do it at the first sign of film when viewed from the side (and, to answer another question posted above, I clean all three sides of my tank).

I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't due to my light cycle, or something like that. But it sounds as though I'm pretty much in the same boat as all of you. So thanks for the feedback!

lol i been lazy i actually couldnt see the inside of my tank for a good 3-4days so much brown garbage on the walls...(had a mass snail die off a while back) so i figured i coudlnt see inside thats when its time lol

Back