Votes: 25 55.6%
  • Add black moon sand to the white sand for a mix

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Nothing, it looks good the way it is

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Both, add black sand and rock

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
i know they dont require one, i just know that pink skunks are more sensitive without one. :) and i like xenia anyway so i may try to get some before my clowns.

Dont add more live rock your aquascaping looks great ... I hate the rock wall look.

How much sand is in there? I cant tell but it looks like the tank brim hides about an inch of sand so 2 inches? I would say go with 1/2-3/4 of an inch of sand and just clean it now and then.

And just for the record I didnt realize the anemone was fake until I read the posts lol

haha. the nem is out now anyway. im really starting to like my scape too. there is about 16lbs of sand in there and it was seeded with a sandwich bag of live. sound good?

is there another kind of filter that would be good for my tank. im kind of weary about any skimmer besides a deltec or something like that.

Don't add an anemone for awhile. Your tank is pretty much brand new. Wait a year or so on the anemone.

i didnt plan on adding one, someone told me to get one and i admitted i couldnt keep one;) . anyway, i came home and now my bakpak is working. i may end up holding on to it for awhile if it keeps skimming.

The pump that they come with is a little too strong. My cup would fill up in seconds so I decreased it some and it worked great. The pump broke awhile ago so I no longer use it.

ok thanks. i may think about getting one. still not sure since my bakpak decided it didnt want to be taken out of the tank by producing some skimmate. it still is pretty loud though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7490256#post7490256 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by travisurfer
1)i can only get a cheap skimmer due to parental restraints, so its either this, a prizm, or a seaclone(since i got it used)
2)ok, anemone gone
3)ill get liverock with my corals
4)i have two 145gph powerheads in each corner

dont let your parents hold you back from making your tank sweet.. look what i installed in the room behind mine one day:rolleyes:

DSC00036.jpg

thats awesome. the only way i could get one behind their back would be if I ran to my local pet store(no liscense) and bought an overpriced skimmer. i am thinking about a CSS but im not sure if it is worth it. the tunze nano skimmer also interests me. just trying to do my best with parents watching and a semi-limited budget.

Show them skimmate shots and tell them it will make the water cleaner and will "improve" the health of the fish. I told a few lies to get some things I need my parents said were a waste of money.

Why don't you just use their credit card to order all that stuff online? This way, they wouldn't even know unless they keep up pretty good with their monthly statements. :smokin:

theya re bery good with their monthly statement, double check everything because my mom is a banker. i do have to talk them into things though. ive been working on getting a T5HO retrofit and an ATO for this summer. i maybe able to get a CSS but it depends on if it overflows or not., becasue i would pretty much have to run away for awhile.

and my newest tank inhabitant:
skunk.jpg

hmmm. what should is name be? i may get him a partner later on. make this a skunk tank with a pair of cleaners and a pair of clowns. :)

Back