• Nothing, it looks good the way it is

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Both, add black sand and rock

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters

travisurfer

Ok, so this is my tank:
fts35.JPG

It isnt the greatest quality pic, but you get the idea. Right now i have a lot of microbubbles coming from my bakpak, any ideas?. anyway, i have about 20 lbs of dry base rock from reeferrocks, awesome stuff, but should try to add more rock to the top of the tank or just leave it like it is? also, i have black moon sand. should i mix it with my white sand for a different look. Please post or vote in the poll. Thanks.

I know, its just there for my future clowns until i can get some xenia. There is a chance that they may host it so i decided to put it in there. Is it really that bad?

is there something i can do about my skimmer or should i just go skimmerless?

btw, at 3 weeks old, perfect params, cleanup crew for a week, could i add some xenia?

1) Get a better skimmer. Coralife makes a good HOB skimmer.
2) Get rid of the anemone
3) Get more liverock

Questions:

Do you have any powerheads in the tank?

1)i can only get a cheap skimmer due to parental restraints, so its either this, a prizm, or a seaclone(since i got it used)
2)ok, anemone gone
3)ill get liverock with my corals
4)i have two 145gph powerheads in each corner

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7490353#post7490353 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by travisurfer
is your CSS adjustment free(for the most part), has it overflowed, and does it consistantly skim like that?

Pretty much. You can adjust it so it will dry skim or wet skim. After you put the ball value on the pump that it comes it ( ball value included ) you can slow it down to the point where it won't flood the cup. I used to get a full cup a day with it. I'm upgrading to a trigger system skimmer though.

so would a CSS do the trick, or is there another good skimmer for those on a low budget? and why are you upgrading if the CSS is working fine?

I went BB so I need a larger skimmer. I could go with the 220 model but since I have some extra money I'm an even better skimmer.

im thinking about just ditching a skimmer altogether and getting an ac110 filter and put my heater along with liverock rubble and sand in it. this bakpak is just so discouraging. ive spent over 2-3 hours fiddling with it just to get half a cup of light tea colored skimmate. i turned off my bakpak for just a sec and i was amazed at how quiet my tank could be.

Back