Mandarin Feeding Station

chueu

I heard of people putting a section of rock where Copepods can grow but not be eaten by mandarins..

I have an idea..

I have one of those fish isolation stations.. Like in my video: http://youtu.be/m_7a5tScPJo

What if i flipped it around, filled it with cheato.. And stuffed it at the bottom of my tank.. Then when any pods flow out, the mandarin can eat them.

I only need to empty the cheato once a week or two? If it works, i can create multiple around the bottom of my tank?

I can also use a syringe and seed it with pods first. I think this can supplement my tiny refugium.

What do you guys think? Alternatively, it can also be the top part of my tank, but then, the clowns of fire fish might get to the pods first?

i think that no matter what, your 30 gallon is FAR too small to support any kind of dragonet long term.

and that any minor disruption to that regimen, or complications getting supplies would have a severe negative impact.

i think that no matter what, your 30 gallon is FAR too small to support any kind of dragonet long term.

and that any minor disruption to that regimen, or complications getting supplies would have a severe negative impact.

What he said.

I get that. Reason why i have it was that it was dying anyways. So im asking for constructive thought for the idea

Those are constructive thoughts. The plan is fraught with risk.

Frozen nutramar ova and cyclop-eeze, soaked in selcon. Freshly hatched baby brine in a PaulB style feeder. Culture white worms to feed live, live black worms. Pod piles.

Sigh.. only sustainable is running copepod cultures rite? Im determined to keep him alive.

I may go out look for a 20g, divide it into half and run two cultures

My mandarin doesn't want live freshly hatched brine. I tried today.. He will take frozen brine though..

What I take away from PaulB's feeding station is that you can leave it in a back area of the tank, adjust the screen aperture size, and put whatever live food you want into the station for your mandarin to feed on.

Back