Mantis anyone?

Jocephus

Rebuilding my 125 today, and found a mantis. Not sure if he's a pincer, or a poker, but let me know if anyone wants the little fella.

Ha, that's not fair! LOL! I'd love to get a smasher, had a spearer, but the smashers are really cool! What color is it? Post a pic, maybe we can ID it?

It is little, and brown, and ugly. I won't flush it though until I hear from someone. 302-270-ONE248

Well if Al/Jon have dibs on it, I'll wait, also to see what kind it is, I'd only want a smasher. I had a nice little 6g plastic eclipse system I could have put it in, but I just threw that out I think. I don't know where I'd put it, have a spare 10g laying around, but don't want him breaking it. Wish we could find out what kind it is. Is he in your sump? I have a weird crab I got as a hitchhiker almost a year ago still thriving in my sump, lol.

Okay, I will put it in my sump, but once he's there, he may never be seen again. Last call for easy pickin's...

If they dont want him im right up the street... ive been looking for one around here for a while now but nobody seems to have any.

I haven't heard from anyone up the street, so he's yours. He was hiding out in a rock in my sump, I'll look tonight to see if he's still in it.

Pet Kare in Governor's Square has one about 6 inches long for $40. Think they have it listed as a "Peacock Mantis".

Thing is big and ugly.

I saw that one craig, I think it's gorgeous! Peacock mantis shrimps are very colorful, they get even bigger too. The lighting they had on it sucked, so you couldn't see the colors very well. I'd hate to get hit by that thing though, might break your finger haha.

Peacocks are too big for my taste, I've always wanted a tiny little one for a nano tank, one that stays smaller. Easier to handle.

Hey Jon, It's all yours if icy's OK with it. Sorry for the lack of PM response. Short attention span. I need to try to find it in the rubble.

Yeah, if you have a tank set up its all yours. I was gonna steal rubble and a little rock from the 75 but im really not ready yet. By the way... if he has been in your rock for a long time and you havent really noticed him then its about 99% sure that he is a smasher. If he was a spearer you wouldnt be able to keep any fish alive and you woulda definatley noticed the dissapearing fish.

Jon, I tried to locate him today, I was going to bring him to Al's bar and grill. Couldn't find him in the rock. I'll look again before the next meeting.

Back