manufactured sump vs diy

surgy

i need a sump.... simple as that. so ive been shopping around. manufactured sumps have a ton of bells and whistles, but do i really need all of that for my 36 gallon fowlr? they start in the $150 range. why are they so expensive compared to diy? i mean it seams like i could buy a $5 10 gallon tank from craigslist. have two sheets of glass cut at home depot and silicone it all together..... pump over flow and done right?

I've got a sumpless 55gal FOWLR and see no real use for one until I start dealing with a mandarin or corals.

And yeah, look up vids on youtube for DIY sumps (I spent countless hours looking this stuff up also). The ones with used aquariums and glass inserts & silicone seem pretty easy to make yourself.

look on craigslist for a used acrylic sump there a dime a dozen and easy enough to clean. It might save you a couple bucks or a few hrs good luck

i need a sump.... simple as that. so ive been shopping around. manufactured sumps have a ton of bells and whistles, but do i really need all of that for my 36 gallon fowlr? they start in the $150 range. why are they so expensive compared to diy? i mean it seams like i could buy a $5 10 gallon tank from craigslist. have two sheets of glass cut at home depot and silicone it all together..... pump over flow and done right?

doesnt get much easier and cheaper than that

make your own then you can make it the way you want. Much cheaper then you have extra money for something else.

Back