Marine Biology high school Teaching job in Des Moines Public Schools (Iowa)

sniceley

Here is a job posting I was alerted to recently by my professor in case I knew anyone interested. It requires a MS in science and a current teaching certificate. Dream job for someone that loves this as much as I do.

If you meet the criteria and want to train the next generation of marine aquaculturists please apply.

Dear List Members,
The Des Moines Public Schools (in Iowa) is hiring a Marine Biology teacher starting in the 2014/2015 school year. The teacher currently holding this position will retire in June, 2014. The position is at Central Campus and is part of a combined high school Marine Science Program which offers both Aquarium Science and Marine Biology. Yes, you would have to teach in the same program with me.
Central Campus Marine Science Program manages a student run 14,000 gallon saltwater lab with over 100 aquariums. The students work with projects including: fish only displays, small sharks and rays, 13 live coral tanks, coral farm, moon jellyfish propagation system, seahorses, and a small clownfish hatchery. The teacher would also participate in an annual 11 day dive trip to the Florida Keys each Spring Break.
Details about the position, benefits, and requirements can be found at the DMPS website: www.dmschools.org under "career opportunities". Click on "High School Teachers" and then "Science-Biology" and the Marine Biology Instructor position should then be displayed. The following link should also lead you there.
http://www.dmschools.org/department...School+Teachers&subcategory=Science+-+Biology
Thank you,Kirk EmbreeAquarium Science InstructorCentral CampusDes Moines, Iowa

You are receiving this e-mail because you are subscribed to the aquaticinfo listserve. Opinions expressed are solely those of the author and not necessarily those of neither the author's institution nor the National Aquarium. Advice provided is without warranty, your results may vary. It is assumed that all advice will be cross checked as appropriate with institutional standards, procedures, national laws or regulations and/or appropriate consultation, especially on matters of animal health. We have a VERY diverse membership from many countries with varying standards and laws but we are all acting in the best interest of our animals. The free and open exchange of ideas and information is of paramount importance in meeting this goal. We welcome your participation. To unsubscribe or make other administrative changes to your subscription please contact the moderator: bnelson@aqua.org

Back