marine depos refractometer any good?

i got mine from premiumaquatics.com it works great they even have a special if you buy one now the give you the calibrating solution free $39.99 great deal

I would suggest using Pinpoint Salinity calibration fluid. Distilled water will usually skew the readings .002 or so.

I calibrated mine with distilled and it was off compared to some calibrating solution. I dont know witch one to believe.

Believe the one with the calibration fluid. It's 35ppt. Refractometers are made to measure liquids with higher specific gravity. Distilled water is too pure and will not give an accurate reading for much more saline liquids, like saltwater. In other words, minimize the variance by using a reference liquid that is nearer the liquid you're going to be measuring. This greatly increases the accuracy of the reading.

Amazon has a visa offer buy something and get $40 off the present purchase.
Vee Gee STX-3 Handheld Refractometer. got this for less then $50 by using that deal.

This a real Salinity Refractometer.
I did not need to calibrate this meter, it was dead on from factory. I used Fauna Marin water test reference solution 100ml. Everyone should be using this for their refractometer calibration, if you don't you will be off.
Never use RODI for calibrations, you will be off.

Back