Marine Depot Live is gone

jeten

In Memoriam
This is what they have on their website now:

Thank you very much for shopping with us!

To better serve our customers, we’ve made the difficult decision to exit the livestock business and focus all of our energy selling aquarium supplies on MarineDepot.com and pet-related products on PetStore.com.

If you recently placed an order with us, you needn’t worry: we are fulfilling all current orders and our staff will still be available for questions and customer service via email and telephone.

If you have a MarineDepotLive.com gift certificate or store credit, both may be redeemed at MarineDepot.com on any of our 6,000+ items.

Thank you all very much for your patronage! We hope you’ll continue to frequent MarineDepot.com and PetStore.com for all your pets’ needs in 2009 and beyond.

With gratitude,

The Marine Depot Family

Yeah, I was never impressed with marine depot live. There are so many nice species on Live Aquaria, but marine depot live looks Meehh. Their dry goods top F&S, though, IMO.

I dont think this reflects our hobby or our economy... I think it just represents a site poorly put together, with high prices.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14136967#post14136967 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jflip2002
I dont think this reflects our hobby or our economy... I think it just represents a site poorly put together, with high prices.

Yep, the sky isn't falling, they just couldn't hold a candle to Liveaquarias stuff! Wise move I say.

hmm i wonder if they will have a fish dent sale :) meaning they will be selling the live stock for chaper to get rid off it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14137641#post14137641 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by savethereef
hmm i wonder if they will have a fish dent sale :) meaning they will be selling the live stock for chaper to get rid off it.

Most likely not. MDL and LiveAquaria(California holding facility) are jobbers. They purchase from the wholesalers on a daily basis to fill orders. Neither one really maintains holding tanks.

Back