marine in low SG

jmills104

Which marine fish can withstand the lowest SG? Im starting a brackish/marine tank and want to know which marine fish will do best in relative low SG (1.015ish)

Im aware of the brackish fish but am wondering which typical marine fish can acclimate the best...i heard damsels and snappers but keep hearing mixed things. Also, what about clowns..

can marine fish be OK in water under 1.020SG?

I don't think there are many non-brackish saltwater fish that can handle that kind of permanent change in osmoregulation.

Mangrove snappers, and any in shore snappers can do it. as well as some drums. There are even file fish like the plaines file which do well. Then there are Killies and Sheeps heads make great brakish tank inhabitants...Just dont try to have crabs...LOL

Then from the other spectrum Monos puffers Archers and mollies can do it...Check out Mayan Cichlads I used to get them in brackish waters in Fort Myers.

Finding a fish that visits BW in the wild who can swim back into FW whenever they please is way different than forcing them to live in BW or even worse, SW, their entire lives.

Back