Marineland pre-drilled 180 gal reef tank


New member
I purchased a 180 Marineland pre-drilled dual corner-flo aquarium. It came with overflow and return but I am having trouble setting it up. The return and overflow have male threads on the ends, and I am having trouble finding the correct fittings to connect them to my sump. Threaded pvc fittings don't work (different threading). I have tried hosing and clamps, but hard to keep from leaking. I have attached a photo of the connection. The connection is 1 1/2".

Does anyone have this type of tank and can recommend what type of fittings to use?

Any help is appreciated.



  • overflow connection.jpg
    overflow connection.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0


New member


This it what I had to make out of 3 pieces; I used 2 female threaded with a slip on the other side and used a PVC to connect using PVC glue.


I hope this helps


New member
if you wanted to use hosing and clamps you need an adapter that screws on with a ribbed side to push the hose on and then clamp it. I'm not sure if you're going this route, but that is what I did on my tank. I did not have an overflow though and drilled my own.

did you take that piece to home depot and try different things? that is what I did as well. you can ask for help, but things like this really confuse them usually.


New member
You won't find a PVC fitting to fit the bilkhead threads. You need to glue pipe on the inside and go from there.

And your retaining nut is upside down.


New member
Thanks to all for the quick responses. I believe I have some ideas to work with. It has been a little frustrating, but that's just part of the "fun". I've only had two floods in the last two days:rolleye1:


New member
Had the same problem, I put 1 inch pvc in my bulk head as it is a "slipper" and not a threaded (on the inside). Then glued the pipe in. BTW PVC glue is ok and primer. I would wait 2hours for priming


New member
I have the 75g Marineland, and yes i had a hard time with the fittings too, because the overflow kit said to use a 1" drain and 3/4" return. The thing they didnt mention is that the bulkheads are both 1-1/4", so i had to buy a reducer for the drain, and two reducers for the return. so it kinda went like this...

drain- 1-1/4"- 1"

Return- 1-1/4"- 1"- 3/4"