Marineland Protien skimmer pump

LoyalConvict

Ok, the other day I picked up a marine land in sump protein skimmer rated for 300 gallons. I got it for 35 bucks, the problem was that the pump was missing the ceramic shaft. Last night I looked for around 2 hours for a replacement, it's the NJ3000, but I was unable to find the part. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these pumps or know where to find a suitable replacement shaft... if I can't find one within the next week or 2 I'm going to just break down and get a sicce 2500

That is a great price for one of those skimmers, I think its worth 200-300 dollars new! The problem is that the skimmer and the pumps that run them are so new, I don't think Marineland is providing replacement parts yet. Also, i looked up the pump and it's not cheap either, maybe $100-150. I would try to contact Marineland directly to see if they can get you the shaft, that would be the cheapest solution. Otherwise, you could take the impeller into your lfs and try to match it up with a magdrive pump or something else.

The replacement impeller number is 00.73.012 in their catalog too, it didn't show just the shaft. Hope that helps!

Thanx for the reply, I'll call them monday and see if they can help. I found the pumps for around 95. I'm thinking about hooking it up for a while with out the shaft to see how decent it would work. but I'm unsure if that would cause damage to the pump or not.

I finally called and got ahold of someone today, yesterday I hung up after a 30-35 minute wait. but they are sending a new impeller - impeller shaft - and shaft ends for free! freakin awesome!

Back