marron clown turned into piranha

clevebill

man ever since i setup my new tank he has turned evil.i cannot even put my hands in the tank to work on it.he will swim as fast as he can from the other side of the tank to bite me.he has not drew blood yet but he hits my hand as hard as he can.i have the same rose tips in there so i guess he is defending them.if i knew he was going to change i would have traded him in for a pair of regular clown fish.in the old tank he used to eat out of my hands.i think last night when the lights where out i could have sworn his eyes where glowing red in the tank.

My friend just had to move his into the sump till he finds it a new home because its soooo mean!! I also had a pair 2 years ago and the female drew blood on my brother in law and hubby. I stay clear of them. Lol

The one in my avatar is about 3 years old. He hosts on a group of candy cane corals and is very protective of them. He has drawn blood on my wife's wrist once while she was vacuuming the bottom. I, of course, didn't believe her until she showed me the bite. Now I always tease her that she was whipped by a 3 1/2" fish. She would love to see that fish get me when my hands are in the tank, but he is otherwise docile unless you get within a few inches of his canes.

Mine attack everything in the tank... toothbrush, hands. They do NOT attack Orange and blue gloves that i have learned to work with. I am amazed when i see wear gloves threads because I have not been able to put my hands in for years. I also have a trigger that does exploratory nipping.

I don't know as if I've ever heard of a maroon NOT turning super aggressive at some point :lol:. I used to have one (since traded away) that would flip out trying to attack the rag when you wiped the glass down. I tried pairing her once (which failed miserably :() and had the juvi in a protective box weighted down with rocks. It was absolutely incredible how big of rocks she could move.

lol My black ocellaris clown goes from one side of my 180 gallon 6ft tank to the other side in an instant and will draw blood. I understand he's protecting his rose nem, but a 6ft radius, come on'! :spin2: He now resides in the sump!! :)

That's funny I call mine IT the evil clown , the funny thing is she will eat out of my hand but if I reach in to move or touch anything in the tank she will tear me up lol

I had the same thing happen with a very large tomato clown. She eventually started to settle down... after maybe 6 or 8 months.

i have the normal ones and no nennie just softies and the buggers bites me all the time if i put my hands in the tank i cant clean the tank at all without them attacking me

2124e95acfbccdb2.jpg

i stoped the clown fish from attacking

i stoped the clown fish from attacking

all i do now that i found out by mistake is put my fish net near the rose tip and the clownfish stays in the rose tip and i can freely do what i need to do in the tank.

i have a pair of mated onix and she would love to draw blood, im even affraid to move her to my bigger tank because there are other fish in there, i had to resort to just hermits and snails for a clean up crew, she attacked everything else,

Back