MARS April Meeting - Steve Tyree!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12222493#post12222493 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gotfin
is it just me or does it seem wrong for steve to be selling a limited number of corals for profit. shouldn't he be supporting our club by donating the corals? he's already being paid to come speak. right? shouldn't everyone have equal opportunity to what he brings, (ie the raffle)? i personallly think this needs to be re-thought.

It's the "norm" for speakers to sell their wares at club events. he usually puts a couple in the raffle as well ;)

Gresham, I was actually surprised that you guys didn't sell your wares. I can see how that might upset the LFS, though. PS: Thanks for the goody bags you put in the raffle! My # was pulled one too late and missed a bag, but those that got em really scored!

Pre-Sales PayPal

Pre-Sales PayPal

Steve says all pre-sales corals must be paid for on the ReefFarmers.com PayPal page.

We'll publish the pre-sales list as soon as we get it. It may be a few more days because he's gathering corals up from various sources.

Again, if more than one person wants a coral from the pre-sales list we're going to draw straws. We have to finalize all the presales before Steve comes up so we can't do the drawing in person. I'm thinking we'll come up with some sort of electronic short straw scheme. In any case, everyone who sees the list will have equal opportunity to purchase the corals.

Ok, I sent an email to MARS to join, but I guess that site is rarely checked. Anyone know if I join if my wife can come or do I have to pay a separate membership for her (she would only come occasionally).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12236741#post12236741 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by baloutang
Ok, I sent an email to MARS to join, but I guess that site is rarely checked. Anyone know if I join if my wife can come or do I have to pay a separate membership for her (she would only come occasionally).

Anyone is welcome to the meetings and do not have to be members to come.

This meeting is likely to be pretty crowded. Again, we're seating MARS members first, then other clubs then the general public.

For those of us that drag our significant others along I'd like to ask you to please be considerate of those folks that want to see the presentation and not bring anyone who doesn't want to be there.

On the flip side, this will be an excellent opportunity to get your slightly interested significant others more interested. In that case, get there early.

In my case, the LEs have changed my wife from supportive to insistent. She will be there.

Also, all MARS memberships are family memberships. Your immediate family has all the rights of a single person membership. We do on occasion limit some membership benefits to one per paid membership. That is not the case with entry into this meeting.

Presales List Published

Presales List Published

See the announcments section of the MARS Home Page.

Sorry it took so long to put the announcment on this thread. RC has been getting hammered today.

Raffle Correction

Raffle Correction

We raffled of the StarFire glass tank last year. The raffle tank this month is a 100g plexi tank with MH lighting, a stand and pump. You will have to plumb it to your needs. It was purchased new for $1.3K. Mike Bedford generously donated most of this equipment. This will still be a still be a seperate $5/ticket raffle.

Sorry this took so long. This is the other corals that will be Auctioned. All the starting bids will be very low. I think some people will get a really good deal..

Auction Edition- Purple War Coral

YR Rasmatazz Echynophyllia

Bazooka Joe Echinophyllia

ORA Phil’s Granulosa

Atlantis Red Star Cyphastrea

Atlantis Meteor Shower Cyphastrea

Tyree Sunset Montipora

Tyree Blue Matrix

Auction Edition- Tyree Toxic Candy Micromussa

Tyree Montipora Undata

30K Leaugues Lokani

C-Quarium Unknown

Oregon Tort

Palmers Blue Milli

Tyree Cyphastrea Decadia

Tyree Blue Chalice

Auction Edition- Tyree Pink Sandollar Montipora

1 Nuclear Green Paly

Greg Carrol Ultimate Blue 2

Tyree Montipora Verucosa

Tyree Favia Matthai Pink and Violet

Tyree Rainbow Delight Oxypora

Who is this Dakan guy :)

Nice corals!

Thanks again for everything John.

I picked up all the copies of your list that were left behind. I'l bring them to the auction today.

Thanks

Thanks

OK, this is going to sound kinda squishy but it really needs to be done...

Thank you Steve Tyree for the great presentation.

Thank you Mike Bedford for donating that wonderful tank.

Thank you Paul Betito for putting together yet another great raffle.

Thank you Pete Kelly for the new membership cards, they look great.

Thank you Steve Reis for the MARS Logo wear, impressive!

Thanks to the rest of the MARS board for stepping up once again.

Thank you Doug Spivey for the coral donations.

Thank you Larry Robison for helping Steve.

Thank you YourReef for the coral donations, again.

Thank you Exotic Aquarium for the coral donations, again.

Thank you AquaLife for the gift cards, again.

Thank you MARS members. We hit an all time high last night. There are now 100 of us.

Back