MarsAqua blues

BrotherNature

Where can I find some of the blue bulbs for this fixture? I've got about 4 of them that just don't seem to be as bright as the others.

What specific fixture?...
Typically one would associate mars aqua with led lights and the bulbs are not easily replaced in those at all...
Humans dont see blue light as bright as it really is either...

And have you ever desoldered surface mount parts before?..
Its not a beginner task..

You can find replacement leds all over the place but they are not just uplug/plug.

No, but after watching a few videos online it doesn't look that difficult.

So where can I find these blue chips that are similar if not the same thing as the ones in my MarsAqua fixture? Do I just go to ebay, scroll down and purchase one or are there some things I should look out for?

Big (really big) thread on MarsAqua LEDs here - and lots of references to suitable Epistar 3W LEDs. I've changed out a large portion of my array to include a number of 405-410nm, 415-420, and a few select others - as many others have done. There are also a number of videos on how to unsolder the old ones and solder in the new ones on that thread.
This is a fun hobby...
Cheers,

Ray

Big (really big) thread on MarsAqua LEDs here - and lots of references to suitable Epistar 3W LEDs. I've changed out a large portion of my array to include a number of 405-410nm, 415-420, and a few select others - as many others have done. There are also a number of videos on how to unsolder the old ones and solder in the new ones on that thread.
This is a fun hobby...
Cheers,

Ray

Thank you. :)

Back