Mas frags

TangingOut

I'm surprised this reef shop isn't spoken of more often. I've just recently learned of Mas Frags after I thought I had visited all the stores in the valley. I decided to give them a visit today and wow, I must say Mikey has one of the best if not THE best selection of corals. Very colorful stuff at some good prices.

I mentioned that it was my first time in the store and at checkout, Mikey gave me some of his own mix reef food and crazy glue. He is super friendly and happy to answer any questions. I'd recommend to anyone looking to buy some corals to check out Mas Frags.

Last edited:
15044 N. Cave Creek Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85032

602 684 1399

I believe these are his hrs:

Wednesday 12-6
Friday Saturday 12-6
Sunday 12-4

He mentioned on his facebook page that he would be open today from 10-2 so I decided to go. Glad I did.

Good to see things are changing over there, been once and honestly didnt care for the store even though the stock itself is very nice. I have an issue with ones where nothing is priced and you get the feeling the price is made up on the spot when you ask(and wasnt good on the pieces I inquired about) but this was a while ago and it sounds like he has made some good progress with the store which is good to hear.

I've lost track of how many stores we have now. Even the list on here doesn't have them all. The others I've heard some about, but this one is totally new to me.

its been crazy lately for stores, only one we lost recently was Aquarius but added Mas Frags and SWJ, and then there are two more opening sometime this year. Hopefully they are all successful and stay around for a while.

SWJ is the other store where their coral selection was just as good.

Mael, I was there when he wasn't fully setup yet and had only 2 large frag tanks. What does it look like now?

They have expanded a little, the two titan frag tanks plus a 3rd glass one along the wall, the glass one has the 10-30$ frags, one titan has the 50-100$ frags and the other titan holds special frags/colonies based on what they recently got, it had their $25 zoa specials in there a month ago and then the vietnam mushrooms, now it has a little of both.....They also have a full wall fish system and a second fish system by the back wall. All in all it has come along really nice and they expanded their dry goods selections as well, I might stop by real qucik tonight for some reef stew, if I do Ill snap some pictures.

Back