Maxi jet and micro bubbles

theyammieguy

I replaced the stock pump in my 12g jbj last weekend with a mj 900, now I notice it's shooting out bubbles every minute or so.
Anyway to stop this?

Sounds like it is sucking the chamber dry. Do you still have the big sponge in the first chamber ? If so try pulling that and see if that helps.

It's in the rear chamber.

I do not have the sponge and it is not sucking it dry. I have around 5-6 of water on top of it.

it maybe that there is air still trapped in the housing. With my maxi after servicing it I have to place it in the water and roll it and tap it to get the air out of it.

You would be suprised. The maxi jet motor housing can hold quite a bit of air. Just try to roll it around and tap it for a little bit.

maxijets will hold a lot of air in the housing. I sit and shake mine whenever I pull it out and put it back because of the same issue.

Could be creating a vortex and sucking in air that way. Any way you can move it down or point it down. I'm not familiar with that set up so just tossing out ideas.

Could you glue a small 1/2" elbow to the intake so it is drawing water off the bottom of the chamber? less chance of it creating a vortex.

Back