Maxima Clam Placement?

rob020880

Hello,

I just ordered a Maxima clam and was wondering if I could place it in the sand? I know they like to attach to something but wouldn't it simply attach to the bottom of my tank?

skinz78

In Memoriam
I have some of mine on the sand but I have 2x400w halides. I wouldn't advise it to you, but you could put them down lower on your rock.

Also it just depends on each clams liking. I have a maxima that refuses to be up on the rock.

lilalove

Place a shell or rock rubble underneath the clam in the sand so it attaches. Once it's acclimated to your lights you can move it into the rock or leave it be. You gotta tell where it's happiest. But these are rock boring clams, fyi. My 3 are in the sand though.

TJ_Burton

I have kept maximas both on rocks, or on the sand bed. Maximas seem much less fussy about it then Croceas which I would always recommend be kept on rockwork.

DrDNA

same experience here with maximas, both under 250 halides and T5s. all of mine are in the sand with the smaller ones attached to a small buried rock.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12899802#post12899802 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lilalove
Place a shell or rock rubble underneath the clam in the sand so it attaches. Once it's acclimated to your lights you can move it into the rock or leave it be. You gotta tell where it's happiest. But these are rock boring clams, fyi. My 3 are in the sand though.