MaxSpect Gyre Noise?

Kengar

I have a 250 unit, just recently installed. It makes a little bit of a whine when ramping or pulsing as it gets to as little as 30% output level. Is this normal? Tank is 10 feet from my desk where I spend a large part of my day, so it is a little annoying......

Noise is really relative to your ambient environment and your hearing ability/tolerance level..
I can barely hear my Icecap Gyre from 10 feet away and my tank/house is VERY quiet..
My mom was in town a while back and said "do you guys here that music.. Its very quiet but I hear this melody" and she was a about 8 feet in front sitting on the couch..
She thought she was going crazy/hearing things as she said its been doing that for a few days now..same melody over and over again and surely someone doesn't like a specific song that much..

You should expect "some" audible noise..
You might want to try re-seating the bushings or just waiting a bit.. I have heard some say that it quiets down after a bit..

I have the first gen XF 150, so my experience may not be exactly comparable, but it took mine about a month to quiet down. Now I run them at 60-70% power and I have to put my ear right up to the pumps to hear them.

it's whining noise, not gurgling.

It may be moot, since I will be buying the dual-pump 350 system shortly. I wanted to add a second pump, but the 250 is no longer readily available and you can't add a stand-alone 350 pump to the 200 series controller (per emails with Coral Vue), presumably since the 300 series will be using sine wave technology. And information I've seen online indicates the 350 should be significantly quieter.

Back