Maxspect or Kessil

Archreefer

I'm am undecided between the Maxspect Razor r420r 20" or the Kessil 350W for my 93cube build. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I tried to contact Chris at CoralVue but he is on his way to MACNA. Tank is 30x30x24

Thanks

My understanding of the Maxspect is that the spread off of the short axis would necessitate 2 of them on your cube (and I'd consider the 27" if you went that way). You may want to go with the Kessil (wide), but I don't know what kind of corals you want to keep.

This is off of reading posts, not personal experience. HTH.

From what I have been reading and what others have been suggesting to me, you are going to need 2 of either unit unless you want dark edges around the corners. I am in the same boat as you, my current tank build is 36"L x 30"W x 24"T. Its probably not going to be realistic for just one commercially built led light to cover either of our tanks. It seems as if the led companies are not really addressing the wide tanks. Well I guess Ali can't say that. They will say to turn the light unit sideways and buy more units. Which I guess is the answer. But that means you gotta purchase more units.

I think I'm just going to stay with the MH Pendant I have. The cost of two units would take me years to recover the cost of the LEDs. I spoke with Kessil yesterday afternoon, and they stated the same thing about the dark corners and suggested 2 of the 350's. Thanks for the input, but going with the Radium.

Back