Maxspect VS Icecap Gyres

They are basically identical (Maxspect builds them for Icecap I believe)
The "Maxspect" has one or two minor additional functionality improvements..
I think the MaxSpect can do master/slave if you have multiple units.. Maybe a slightly different motor..
Besides that they are identical.

What Mcgyvr said but the new icecaps have a dual pump controller so there's that.

https://clearchoiceaquatics.com/pro...p-wifi-controller?_pos=2&_sid=c66d61e3a&_ss=r

I have an IceCap 3k and I'm not sure about the maxspect pumps but mine needs to be cleaned at least every 2-3 months which isn't bad. It lets you know by getting louder over time until you clean it then it's pretty much silent. The thing moves a ton of water in a nice sheet across the top.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The Icecaps are insanely loud. You will definitely be annoyed.

They certainly can be finicky..
Mine was very..very quiet for the first year or so..

It started to make a bit of noise so I gave it a cleaning a few weeks back and now it seems to be quiet for a few days or so then gets LOUD again.. Sometimes it will quiet itself after a day and other times I've resorted to taking it out and cleaning/adjusting it again
In the past 4 weeks I've "adjusted" it 3 times now..
Its getting close to being put back into a closet to rot..

I've got a pair of Maxspect Gyre 250's. Yes, they need to be taken apart and cleaned occasionally - just like any other piece of equipment we use.

Once you learn how to take them apart and reassemble them correctly they don't take any longer to clean than any other power head. IME, if they are noisy it's because they are not assembled correctly. At least for me, it's getting the rubber bushing to seat correctly.

The Icecaps are insanely loud. You will definitely be annoyed.

My buddy is getting annoyed of their Icecaps as well, especially at night. He's been cleaning it every month since it's 5 months of service. I'll come over tomorrow to help him install the brake kit and fuel off-road rims on his truck. I'll see if he had any remedy to keep it quiet.

The 3K IceCaps are loud...
Mine is silent, only gets semi loud when it needs to be cleaned. Even then it's just a mild hum. If it's loud you should take it apart and make sure everything's together correctly

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back