melanurus wrasse and clam

avery155

Hello everyone

I have a melanurus wrasse that doesn't bother any corals but he loves to flip over snails, especially new additions.

My question is since clams are stationary do you think he will nip at the mantle? I know it's hard to guess, and each fish is different but just getting feedback from others that may have this snail flipping combo.

Thanks

Hello everyone

I have a melanurus wrasse that doesn't bother any corals but he loves to flip over snails, especially new additions.

My question is since clams are stationary do you think he will nip at the mantle? I know it's hard to guess, and each fish is different but just getting feedback from others that may have this snail flipping combo.

Thanks

I think your wrasse may we'll eat them.

Mine flips snails wondering if a clam would be safe. I haven't seen him eat a snail, flip them peck once and give up.

My hoeven's used to push clams over looking for the pyramid snails. Didn't eat the clam directly, but ended up irritating them.

I have a melanurus and had a maxima clam and he never payed any attention to it. it was my mystery wrasse that was relentless though, in less than a week had it in shreds.

my melanurus wrasse eats the clam I put in the tank to feed my copperband, so yes, I think the melanurus will likely eat your clam.

my melanurus wrasse eats the clam I put in the tank to feed my copperband, so yes, I think the melanurus will likely eat your clam.
Steamer clams is not at all the same as Tridacna clams. Almost every wish will ear open steamer clams.
I do not think d0ughb0y reason is sound in this case.

Back