Melev's new 280g Starfire tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow your tank looks so beautiful in the new photo. Like a window to the ocean. I really like those reflectors and would buy them too if I ran SE.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12207176#post12207176 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
Everything you saw one page back is what it came with, including some eye hooks to hang them. The bulb is not included, nor the ballast.

Given that your reflectors are hidden away in your fish room, why did you get the finished pendent and not just the bare reflector?

Lumenbright options

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12208490#post12208490 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NanoGurl
Wow your tank looks so beautiful in the new photo. Like a window to the ocean. I really like those reflectors and would buy them too if I ran SE.

You can get them in DE too. ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12208555#post12208555 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hal
Given that your reflectors are hidden away in your fish room, why did you get the finished pendent and not just the bare reflector?

Lumenbright options

Answer:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12177106#post12177106 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Melev

I found these with the glass inside. Since I was about to spend $180 to get starfire tempered glass, I figured this was the better option. Look familiar?

http://www.reefspecialty.com/produc...products_id=231

Tonight before Evan left to go finish up what we started... ;)

We took out the suncorals to get his Yasha Goby pair out finally. They are now in his system, and when it was time to feed my Tubastrea tonight, look who else was out. :inlove:

pompom1.jpg

pompom2.jpg

When I zoomed in on the Pompom crab, she decided that was much too close and personal. She quickly waved her pompoms (small anemones) to encourage my departure.
pompom2oo.jpg

What caught my eye during these pictures was that she is carrying babies again. So sweet.

pompom3.jpg

pompom4.jpg

The Yasha Goby was out even after all the upheaving of the tank. I've not seen the tiny pistol shrimp yet, but hopefully it will appear soon.

yasha_goby_321.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12208432#post12208432 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
Phil, what happened to your little goby? :(

He went carpet diving. Found his shriveled up little form behind the tank. :sad1: I'm pretty bummed, he was my first salt water fish nearly 2 years ago. :(

I'll be adding some window screen to cover the gap in my hood tomorrow.

Phil

Argh. Sorry to hear about that. Covering those openings is good to keep fish in the tank, but can obstruct air (cooling) sometimes.

oh cool. The fixture of light us sick, I like it. I also admire your crabs from the sun coral picture. It's very cool and wide open. Do you do the bucket feeding method?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12210673#post12210673 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NanoCube-boy
oh cool. The fixture of light us sick, I like it. I also admire your crabs from the sun coral picture. It's very cool and wide open. Do you do the bucket feeding method?

No, I feed them each night in their little 3g pico tank. I have a thread about feeding them in the Photography forum here.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12208657#post12208657 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by quiksilver
Answer:

Why the glass shield? Is splatter really an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back