Melev's new 280g Starfire tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you maniacal fiend!!!! swooping in and splitting! :D j/k but it's a split! Marc, you must give your adoring fans pictures. because if not, we might turn to mob mentality, and that never ends well :lol:

omg i miss the pre split contest :D. Marc could we go back a few posts. resizing them as we post :lol:

I don't recap - if you want to know more about my tank, you can read the last 560 pages, or listen to my .... rantings elsewhere. ;)

<b><i>Back at the reef....</i></b>

Today was Reflector Day at Melev's Reef!

reflector_day1.jpg

reflector_day2.jpg

reflector_day0.jpg

reflector_day3.jpg

reflector_day4.jpg

They had to be taken apart to peel the film off the reflector surfaces. That wasn't any fun at all. Then the bulbs were installed, and centered.

adj_moguls.jpg

bl_lb_assembled.jpg

Sooo sexy!
bl_lb_bulbd.jpg

Marc, you better get those pics up soon or this page will fill up and bklynmet will make us wait for another split again!:lmao:

They are much heavier than the first set of reflectors I'd purchased. I don't know how much exactly, but the aluminum rack was bending under the pressure.

bl_lb_bending_rack.jpg

bl_lb_compared.jpg

bl_lb_all_on.jpg

So that is how things look as of this minute. Something more permanent is on the horizon, but with the trip to California coming up, it will probably a little while until this gets completed.

seems that Evan was helping you unpack :D. you have a lot of top down boxes needed to be finished. RS did a great job with packing materials, are there any glass on the fixtures?

Looks sweet!

How many facets do those things have!? You can see the bulb from like 30 different angles in that one shot.:thumbsup:

great pics, pendants are heavier but more durable. now that's a big difference from your other reflectors. will you secure the IC ballast before you send them to the chair :D?

Silly question perhaps.. but arent those the same kind of reflectors as the other ones you bought?

And, im no metalworker but wont the aluminum get heated up and bend (break) after a while with the lights shooting directly at it?

Looks great tho :)

Reflectors look nice. I would be interested to see the difference in par... But I'm pretty certain the results are going to be nice;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back