Melev's new 280g Starfire tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironic post there Marc. I'm planning to up my attic insulation to R50 for the opposite reason. Currently Noon here and 48 degrees outside. I've got an electric unit heater running to keep the house up to 65 degrees (I'm hoping to leave the boiler off for a couple more months). What the heck happened to our summer!!!???

Phil

hey Phil - good to see your still alive and active up there in NP AK. When I was at Ft Greely the summers where in the high 80's, low 90's. Has it just been that much cooler there?

psteeleb
This has been a very unusually cool and wet summer. We've had flooding all through the interior for 2 weeks now, and are approaching the rain levels that led to the famous `67 flood.

The good news is the long range forecast is calling for a mild temps and lots of snow this winter. :)

Phil

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13081074#post13081074 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Alaska_Phil
psteeleb
This has been a very unusually cool and wet summer. We've had flooding all through the interior for 2 weeks now, and are approaching the rain levels that led to the famous `67 flood.

The good news is the long range forecast is calling for a mild temps and lots of snow this winter. :)

Phil

I bet the moose and caribou are loving it :)

and does that mean no predictions for a minus 70 winter? haha - but I bet you will still get square tires ( see if anyone can figure that one out )

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13080488#post13080488 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
Thank you for your help Anthony. I literally couldn't have done it without you. :thumbsup: That machine was really nice, and I didn't have to worry about inhaling a bunch of crud. It blew out softly like snow, compared to the cellulose blower I used a few years ago that blew like a leaf blower.

Update on the water bill. There is no update, still trying to get that figured out. :rolleyes:

No problem Marc, I was glad to be there for you. To think, we almost didn't pick up the machine on Friday night. Next we need to pickup some plywood and fix your trailer, we can work on it when you help me cut the top of my canopy.

I just switched my skimmer to a pinwheel like yours. So far it produces a little less foam, but the startup issues are long gone. Adjusted just right, I'm pretty sure that it will produce the same amount of skimmate. I don't have to fiddle with the pump or blow in the silencer to get it to start. No more DUI checks from my skimmer every time I shut it off! :rollface:

As for the "Useless kid" thread, I've been trying to get mine to read a frigging book all day. You'd think I just asked the boy to go jump in a tub of boiling water.

I'm fast running out of day, but I don't have an new content to comment on. (I'm so flustered, I'm ending sentences in prepositions!) So instead, I'll ask a question. In your ten years experience, 4 years with a large system, and 35000+ posts (on this forum at least), single out your favorite moment. A trip, an event, getting a fish or coral, meeting someone? Lay it on me.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13089690#post13089690 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crvz
I'm fast running out of day, but I don't have an new content to comment on. (I'm so flustered, I'm ending sentences in prepositions!) So instead, I'll ask a question. In your ten years experience, 4 years with a large system, and 35000+ posts (on this forum at least), single out your favorite moment. A trip, an event, getting a fish or coral, meeting someone? Lay it on me.

Best moment, eh? Hmmm. That's really a tough one to answer. I'll have to give that some thought and get back to you.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13072995#post13072995 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
Yes, I did but didn't enjoy my stupid seat. I was in the second row on the left. Watching a 2.5 hour movie looking up at that angle is like trying to play a great video game at Walmart. Ugh.

Seriously, those rows should not even exist. Rip them out, and tell us the show is sold out. I paid $28 for two tickets, plus the drive each way. What a let down.

I'll just watch it at a regular theater from the proper seating area so I can enjoy the movie.

Wow!! I can't even imagine watching that movie while sitting at the bottom of that screen
You have got to go back... That is such a great movie, and I am soo impressed with what they have turned that franchise into... It is not like the old campy Batman movies from the 90's... It is like any other great movie that you would go see, but it just has a comic book character in it.
That movie just beats Spiderman all to hell and back... I have watched it 3 times, and still just can't get enough of what Heath Ledger did with the Joker... A+++++++++++
I may have to go back, and see it before it is all over, but I will most definatly be buying that one in HD

Later,
Nathan

The August issue of Reefkeeping Magazine is online

The August issue of Reefkeeping Magazine is online

This month's issue contains:

Reefslides - That Awesome Showpiece

TOTM - Travis' 280g system

Fish Profile - White Tiger Goby

Vodka Dosing... Distilled!

COMAS' club is showcased

Top Ten list

Upcoming Events - MACNA is less than 30 days away!

Thread OTM - DIY Wavebox

http://reefkeeping.com/

Enjoy. I'm going to sleep. :fish2: :fish1:

Re: The August issue of Reefkeeping Magazine is online

Re: The August issue of Reefkeeping Magazine is online

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13099325#post13099325 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev

http://reefkeeping.com/

Enjoy. I'm going to sleep. :fish2: :fish1:

Very nice work.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13089753#post13089753 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crvz
I thought Evan was going to chime in with that, but glad someone beat him to it.

You will be waiting a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng time for Evan to chim in on anything!

Thanks y'all.

Poppin_fresh, where've you been all this time?

So while I was pounding away on my keyboard last night, one of those vile worms apparently crawled out of my rockwork and ate my gorgeous gold maxima. :( It was super healthy and looked picture perfect last night before lights out, and this morning the shell was empty with that weird clear slime floating out of it. I'm gonna have to keep hunting for the last of those predators.

aww man that really sucks. I think you should do a stake out powered by skype. :) someone to watch vigil on shifts :D :D :D .

What! Sounds like a midnight expedition with forceps, a flashlight and a hammer is in order!

Well I hope you get it soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back