mesh mod on sedra 5000 pump

I modded my ASM g4 w Sedra9000 and it definitely improved performance. If you need some enkamat mat'l I have plenty. Check out this link. When I modded mine I left a few pins on the wheel to stabilize the mesh, though that doesn't seem to be recommended. The process is simple and after a couple months mine is still looking good. I just trimmed off a little excess that had drifted outside the wheel, otherwise, no problems. There is a video online somewhere, but I lost the link.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=991162&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

waste of time IMO the extra drag on the shaft and impeller prematurely wears the magnet first of all second the enkmat clogs up in no time flat rendering your skimmer worthless and making you clean it often ... borring out the valute and venturi holes and a slight modd to the inpeller i found works alot better !!!

Euro-Reef 8-2

Picture442.jpg

Picture443.jpg

You may well be right, DiscoRR. I have little experience. All that I can say is that in my limited experience I've had improved skimmate with the mesh and, so far, no negatives.

Back